cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space requirements for remote agent

villeah
Level 5

Hi,

What are the space requirements for RAWS? I'm trying to remotely update the agent to server which has about 900Mb free space. I cannot even start the installation because following error message appears. "Error: There is not enough disk space to install this software to the specified location". Local installation works fine without errors. 

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi villeah,

You're looking at about 338MB, which would also include any updates pushed out. It could be less, depending on the number of updates, and it could be more.

That amount above is what I average.

Craig

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Local installation works fine without errors. 

How much free space does the media server have on it's system drive?

villeah
Level 5

How much free space does the media server have on it's system drive?

The media server has about 8Gb out of 52Gb on it's system drive, so it should be adequate, shouldn't it?

I've discovered that if system drive has less than 1Gb free space the remote installation isn't willing to co-operate.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That is quite possible...it obviously unpacks the installation to a temporary path.

If you do a manual installation on that target server though, you will get around this.

The TN below will help...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH33671

villeah
Level 5

I discovered the server that really is lacking free space on system drive and it installs the update smoothly. We are talking about less than 500Mb here..

Is there any solution for this, or should I just keep installing updates manually?