cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoold error while reconnecting to dedup folder

SmartieMcfly
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to recover from a RAID hardware failure. The RAID has been recreated and the OS restored. I can't get Backup Exec to reconnect to the dedup folder to restore user data. I'm seeing a transaction error when spoold starts up.  pdde-config.log looks normal until spoold.exe. Has anyone else seen this? I've tried everything I can think of including sacrificing a keyboard to the server gods. I'm all out of ideas. 

Error In spoold.log:
CRIT [0000000000F29D90]: 25009: Can not start a new transaction:
tlog state = 3 or data store state = 1 should be in commited state 3

More Details:
- Dedup folder created with BE 2010 running on Windows Server 2008 R2
- I'm trying to recover the data with a Trial version of BE 16. I gave up trying to recover with BE 2010 R3.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

such issue can be caused if the spoold.log file under DriveLetter:\BackupExecDeduplicationStorageFolder\data\journal is not renamed correctly to spoold.spare

Please try the following steps which should help fix the problem.

1. Stop all BE and Deduplication services

2. Confirm there is no spoold.log file present under DriveLetter:\BackupExecDeduplicationStorageFolder\data\journal
P.S. - If spoold.log file is present in above location, rename it to spoold.spare and start all BE and Deduplication services and check if issue gets resolved.

3. If no spoold.log file is present in above location, create an empty spoold.spare file at above location and start BE and Deduplication services and check if the issue gets resolved.