cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State Does not Appear in File Selection List, BE2010R3

zubeb
Level 3

After I upgraded from BE12.5 to 2010R3 on five servers, four still showed the choice to backup the system state in the file selection list.  However, one does not.  It is a server running Windows Server 2008 Standard.  Any advice?  I already verified that "restrict anonymous support" is enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

OK...so if all your services are started up, and BE is fully patched with the 5 or 6 patches available, I'd then suggest that you repair your BE installation through Add/Remove Programs.

If this was an existing selection list, I'd also suggest trying to create a new selection list and see if this is still the case...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you run LiveUpdate to install all available patches/hotfixes ?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if the remote agent services is started on the remote server.

zubeb
Level 3

Will check on LiveUpdate. 

As for remote agent services, is that a Windows service or BE?

zubeb
Level 3

Liveupdate says everything is up to date.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

BE Remote agent service

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is the remote server also updated with all patches (push agent again to see if it is required).

And is the remote server rebooted after the update of the BE remote agent ?

And last, did you check if there are MS Updates available for the remote server ?

CraigV

...the other thing to check is whether or not the RAWS agent is publishing correctly to your media server from that remote server. You'd need to log onto the remote server and open up RAWS before changing to the Publishing tab.

From my experience with something similar, I have seen that the RAWS agent sometimes doesn't display the information correctly on a Server 2008 box...when opening the Publishing tab, it gives an error. I normally sort this out by running either a repair of the RAWS agent, or uninstalling it and then doing a push-install again.

zubeb
Level 3

Thanks folks.  I will go through this list and will report back.

zubeb
Level 3

It's not a remote server.  Each of the five servers are "stand-alone" and run their own jobs internally.  Does that drop the RAWS issue out?  All MS updates are in place and I did reboot.  Problem still exists.  Any other ideas?

CraigV

OK...so if all your services are started up, and BE is fully patched with the 5 or 6 patches available, I'd then suggest that you repair your BE installation through Add/Remove Programs.

If this was an existing selection list, I'd also suggest trying to create a new selection list and see if this is still the case...

zubeb
Level 3

Thanks.  The repair did the trick!