cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Library HP ultrium LTO 5 MSL8096. How i can use 3 Tape drives.With one Backup Exec 2010 R2?

StockholmGuy
Level 6

Hey All,

I have a HP Tape Library HP ultrium LTO 5  MSL8096 with 3 drives in function.

How i can use these three drives for backing up on Tapes. Do i need only one backup Exec 2010 R2 or need more than 1.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...in your current situation, you'd see 3 drives, but 2 of them should be offline. This goes in line with BE only having 1 complementary license to activate 1 drive.

To get the 2 additional licenses, you can contact Symantec's licensing department, or your vendor who sold you the software and ask for the 2 licenses.

From there, open up BE and click Tools --> Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server...

Follow the prompts and install the licenses, which then in turn activates those 2 additional drives in your MSL.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

You only need 1 media server that already ships with a license for 1 drive. To use the other 2, you need an additional 2 licenses to be purchased and installed on the media server to activate them correctly.

You're looking for 2 x LEO licenses...Library Expansion Option.

Thanks!

StockholmGuy
Level 6

Thank you for reply,

How i can install these 2 licences on the same media server.

Is it would be a separate interface  or would be same interface with 2 other library expansion options?

Regards,

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You can install n number of license's on the same server.

Click on Tools->Install options and license keys->enter license ->install.

CraigV

...in your current situation, you'd see 3 drives, but 2 of them should be offline. This goes in line with BE only having 1 complementary license to activate 1 drive.

To get the 2 additional licenses, you can contact Symantec's licensing department, or your vendor who sold you the software and ask for the 2 licenses.

From there, open up BE and click Tools --> Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server...

Follow the prompts and install the licenses, which then in turn activates those 2 additional drives in your MSL.