cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape stucks in tapedrives

Tomas_C
Level 4
Hi,
I've posted about this before, but since it's still not solved, I'll post again.

BE 10.0 on a W2000 server with a Compaq TL891 Library. The W2000 server is the only server on the SAN.

After a backupjob the tape stays in the tapedrive and is not transfered back to its slot.

I tested with three testbackups; the first works fine, the second doesn't unload the tape and the third doesnt run at all.

One odd thing; I have installed Library Expansion option (it shows under Tools-Serial Numbers and Installation...), but when I look under Help-About Veritas Backup Exec - License information it says "SBS - Library Expansion Option, Licensed-Yes, Installed-No"?

I reconnected my old NT4 with BE 7.3 just to test the TL891 and it works just fine.

Why?
What to do?

BTW, I have a Technical Services Support Certificate (Basic Support), but I don't know what to do with it.
3 REPLIES 3

Tomas_C
Level 4
It seems like my Emulex lp8000 card didnt work with this, switche to an old Jaguar card and now it works fine.

Not applicable
You may want to upgrade all your firmware on the drives of the TEL. All tapes drivers should be Veritas only.

All scratched tapes may need to be reformatteed or erased.

Tomas_C
Level 4
I upgraded the firmware of the robot and the tapedrives before I tried switching fibercards. I always run veritas drivers for the tapes.
For the moment Im just happy it works.