cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble selecting anything for backup

Chris_Barath
Level 2
I have just installed Windows 2003 Standard, joined it to the AD domain, and fully patched it. Then, I installed Backup Exec 10.0 and fully patched it. Everything seems fine with the exception of being able to select anything to backup. I can not choose any local files, no computers show up under remote selections, and when I define a user defined selection using an IP address, I get an error stating "A communications failure has occured." All services have been reconfigured to run as "the local system account" as per a suggestion I saw in a different post. Also, netbios is configured correctly and there is no firewall or ports blocked as far as I can tell. Ping to other computers is fine and using windows explorer to other computers correctly connects and files are accessable.

Help creating a backup selection list is appreciated. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

David_Jennings
Level 5
I've had a similar problem w/ my installations of BE 10.0. I've had to gone about making selections via the UNC path to the drives.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
HI,

All the Backup Exec services apart from the Remote Agent for Windows Servers service should be running with Domain Administrator Account.

The Remote Agent for Windows Servers service is running with Local System Account.

Ensure that Port Number 10000 is free and used by beremote.exe.

You may run the command "netstat -a" and check the status of Port Number 10000.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to the �answered questions� pool.