cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open the item, skipped. Trend Micro OfficeScan and Microsoft.NET

Jamey_Ensley
Level 2
For the past 3 weeks I have been unable to receive a perfect backup. I have changed the time when BackupExec runs and when Trend Micro Anti-virus runs but receive the same results. Below is a sample of the error log. I read a post from a user with a similar problem, but the possible solution does not seem to pertain to my issues. How can I resolve the matter?

Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\HTTPDB\db_VASLog.dbf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\HTTPDB\db_VASLog.fpt - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.1688.25720265 - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\security.config.cch.1688.25720265 - skipped

Thanks,

Jamey
3 REPLIES 3

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
The files that have the extension .cch are dynamically generated and do not have to be backed up or restored.
You can refer to this article for further details :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815168

As for the Trend Micro files, probably Trend micro would deny access to these files.

So a solution would be to exclude these from the backups. You can do this by using "Backup Selection exclude list".

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jamey_Ensley
Level 2
I will try follow your suggestions. However, last month my backups went fine and BackExec was able to backup my Trend Micro files.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you for the Update ! Do let us know the status..

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.