cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to dowload device drivers from your site...

Dan_Thurman
Level 3
I have gone through this several times and it seems your FTP servers are hanging on downloads!!! I tried this 3 times and it hangs, refusing to allow a complete download.

I am unable to download driver: be6235RHF8_32bit_286521.exe from ftp.support.veritas.com.

Please advise!
2 REPLIES 2

joshua_cauthen
Level 3
As of 9:30 2/24/2007 it's kind of working again. I just pulled the drivers down after having to reload the download page.

Dan_Thurman
Level 3
Yes, it was very flacky. I did get it after the 10th try.

BTW, when I installed the drivers, it really whacked the 'Removable Storage' service much so that if I tried to open the Removable Storage selection within the Mange MMC, my system semi-frozed up, DCOM processes started breaking, etc., that I ended up being forced to disable the Removable Storage Service altogether.

I am guessing that this is a required step. Backup Exec does not play well if you install the drivers as opposed to just installing the entire BE 11d, it seems to work better and play well with the Removable Storage Service. I am wondering if I made a mistake installing the backup exec drivers at this point.

Not only that, installing the drivers were of no benefit to me, as I am not able to get past the tape read errors, so I am still not convinced that my tapes are bad. These tapes were made with a version 8.5 release of BE. It was still good as of 6 months ago (I have 9 tapes) and ALL NINE TAPES are claimed to have "errors" in them. I don't think so. I suspect there is something wrong with 11d.

I think I will need to try another backup software vendor to see if the problem is the 11d software or the tape itself for an independent verifcation of where the real problem might be.