cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see any selections in a backup job under "Selections" and "Connection with server failed. Hit F5 to retry" is seen instead

h3rm1t9536
Not applicable

I have the 60 day triel of Backup Exec 2010 installed and fully patched on Windows Server 2008.

I have no firewall running on the server.

I saw a lot of references to this issue on the forums but most of them are related to logon account issues. While I do believe it to be the issue I am not sure why my attempts to fix it are not working.

I have created a local account that the services run under called backupexec and this account is in the local admin group and has full access to all resources. I checked this by logging on as that account and I can access all local resouces.

When I try to create a backup job I get the error in the right hand window saying  "Connection with server failed. Hit F5 to retry"

I have tried with the domain admin account, local login account to no avail, restarting the services in each instance.

I intend to try installing this on a server running Windows 2003 to see if its a Server 2008 issue and will feddback on this but inthe meantime I am pretty stuck. I have to use it on this server as it has a PCI/X slot to support my SAS card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Symantec are not willing to help unless I buy the product....catch 22 as I won't buy it unless I know it works!  

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...make sure that the RAWS agent is running on that remote server, and that is publishes back to your media server...

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65151

Technote on How to enable publishing

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Disable User Access Control and make sure the login account specifically has:

- Logon as a service

- Act as part of the operating system

- Create a token object

- Manage Auditing and Security