cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select Exchange or SQL after applying SP4

Gary_Tomkinson
Level 2
I've been running 9.1 on a server fo a while now - it's an established system and has been backing up about 30 servers - including a clustered SQL 2000 and clustered Exchange 2000 server.

Less than a week ago I applied SP4 to BackupExec and noticed I was getting failed ISS and brick backups of Exchange with a message telling me it was unable to attach to the resources. This "may" or may not be related to the install of SP4 but I didn't make the connection at the time.

But here's the kicker. I've just installed BE on a new server with the aim of retiring the old one. While I was doing the new install, I went ahead and applied SP4 to the new install and went about setting up my jobs. When going through the selections list, I noticed I was able to select SQL databases from non-clustered servers but can't even view it to select it on the clustered server. I see the shared storage, just no databases.

I went back to check my old server to see how the selections looked on that one for the clustered server and it too was missing the SQL databases. Interestingly, as the selections existed BEFORE I applied SP4, the blue checkmark was against the server but when I drilled down to the SQL databases, the blue check disapeared and there were no databses to select.

I have the same problem with selecting the Information Store and bricks for Exchange 2000 - nothing is there to select.

Anyone elese having issues with SP4 and clusters?
4 REPLIES 4

Gary_Tomkinson
Level 2
Nobody? Okay, let me ask the question a different way. Is anyone else able to backup their clustered SQL 2000 and Exchange 2000 servers with BE SP4 installed?

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Have you seen the below docs:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268946.htm
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/271315.htm

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us whether the problem has helped you resolve the issue

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Gary_Tomkinson
Level 2
Simon, thanks - this was bang on the money. I've applied service packs to BE before and haven't had to reset that registry key until now but I'm just glad it was that simple!

Thanks again.

Consider this resolved.