cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 10d question

decipher
Level 3
Hello,

We are planning an upgrade from version 10(5484) to version 10d(5629). Anyone have any tips?

Config is as follows:

main backup server with san storage option, 2 file servers in cluster and 2 exchange servers in cluster. Alll have backup exec installed. I know that I first need to upgrade these server and that I can do and upgrade, an uninstall first is not needed.

I guess my concern is with the remote agents, all of our other servers here have the remote agent build 5484. Can I upgrade these agents without a server restart? Its very hard for us to get the approval to restart 80+ servers in one weekend.

In the past I beleive we have just stopped the rant service, upgraded the agent, and then start the service up again. Anyone tested this?

Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

You would only need to run the installation, no need to uninstall the software first. and a server reboot after the installation of the remote agents will be needed for the remote agents to be upgraded.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.