cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65081

Dan_Marini
Level 3
Hi All

I recently upgraded backup exec to the latest build 7170.  I've turned encryption back on, since I was told that issues with encrypting exchange 2003 were resolved with this build.  This appears to be a partially true statement.  I'm now able to restore from an excrypted exchange 2003 backup(something that would always fail in the previous build,)  But now my backups keep failing during the verify portion with this error:  V-79-57344-65081- Unable to restore.  The patch may exceed the maximum path length, exceed the number of subdirectories, or contain invalid characters.   I used to get this error in the previous build.  Symantec's only work around at the time was to not encrypt the backup and that this was being addressed in 7170.  Apparently it's still an issue.  Is there a solution that hasn't yet been published for this?
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Dan,

It appears a hot fix for this issue has not been released yet.  I can see that engineering is still working on it, but I have no time frame available to me for when it will be released.

Dan_Marini
Level 3
I'm glad this issue is being addressed, please let us know once it's released.  

Thanks