cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSFW Error in BExec 10.0

Peter_Riddle
Level 3
Greetings.

I am currently runnin Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.0 Rev 5484 SP1. The backups have been working fine until 2 nights ago. They are now failing with the following message in the job log:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008527 - VERITAS Storage Foundation for Windows (VSFW) unexpectedly failed. Check that the VSFW service is running, and check the status of existing disk groups and volumes.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34087

When I click on the link to V-79-57344-34087, it links to a non-existent page on the Veritas website.

Has anyone come across this error before and if so, how do I fix it? Many thanks. I await your reply.

Regards,

Peter Riddle
Infrastructure Consultant
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are you backing up in this job? Are you using the Advanced open file option? Is your OS windows 2003?
Check if the service 'Microsoft software shadow copy provider' is disabled. If yes, then enable it and then try the backup.

If the problem persists, do write back to the forum with details.
Howeve rif we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Peter_Riddle
Level 3
At the moment, the only resource that is causing this failure is the C: & F: drives of the Windows Server 2003 DC. The tape drive and Backup Exec all also installed on the DC.

I am not using the Advanced Open File Option. When I try to start the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service, I get an 1053 error: did not respond in a timely manner.

I am going to reboot the server tonight and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,

Peter Riddle
Infrastructure Consultant

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Did the server reboot help resolve the problem? If not, do write back to the forum. Refer to the following technote in order to avoid the error previously received regarding the service:

Title: When attempting to stop the Backup Exec Services, "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" occurs.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/239610

Awaiting your update on the problem. In case we do not hear from you within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.