cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas still skipping Lotus notes domino Databases NSF and NTF

Rupak_Shrestha
Level 3
I am using veritas 10.0.I have installed remote agent for Lotus domino.but still the all the databases are skipped during backup.The below is the portion of the veritas log.I don't know why this is happening.Before it was working fine

This database is currently being used by someone else. In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server instead of a File Server.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\ghacksha.nsf in use - skipped.
This database is currently being used by someone else. In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server instead of a File Server.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\inasheed.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\landerso.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\mchandra.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\mniyaz.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\nyarnell.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\rafeef.nsf in use - skipped.

Thank You.
10 REPLIES 10

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As long as Domino Server Service is running, you will get these skipped files in a flat file backup.

Just make sure that you select the DominoDatabases when you create the job, and you should see a separate jobstep with them only. If this step is successful, you should be good

Rupak_Shrestha
Level 3
I am sure that i am selecting the Domino database when creating the job.I am sorry but Is it that Veritas is uncapable or unreliable for doing domino backup.I had purchased veritas to backup domino not file backup.and it is not hapenning .As it is frustrating me since 2 months.and i am very worried about all the critical data.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Try test job of just the Domino databases

that should run OK. If so, then you can ignore the "errors" about skipped files. You will get skipped errors when trying to do a flat file (standard) backup of any database files when the database server is running

Rupak_Shrestha
Level 3
I am sure i am selecting the Domino database.I know how to select the database for back up in veritas.if i do a test back up it runs with out prob.But some how if i run a full fledged back it skips all the NTF and NSF.saying that it is still in use.But if a user is not using his notes and has closed the notes program i can backup his notes mail folder in the server.and can restore back sucessfully.

Garry
Level 3
IF not using AFO option, please make sure the

You have selected "Without a Lock".

Also check if you have sufficient rights for these skipped database to take backup.
this can be checked from ACL of Notes Databse.

Rgds

Garry

Rupak_Shrestha
Level 3
Yes i have selected with out a lock.But still not working.BTW youare mentioning ACL.As far as i know we use only the Domain admin username to connect.My Veritas backup exec is on a different server.and i have domino agent installed on the note server.When installing the domino agent it askes for a password to install the domino agent.And i supplied the domain admin password.And it installed fine.

Now which ACl and where are you mentioning About.Up to my knowledge i have never played with ACl for domino backup.
Thanx

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
OK -

So in your regular job you are selecting NOTES databases and the drives of the Notes Server. In the log check to verify that the Database backups are successful (as separate job step)

In the Flat File Drive Backups (C: D: E: etc) the Notes files will always be skipped because the NOTES server service has them open

Rupak_Shrestha
Level 3
no the databases are not backed up.you can see in my first post.that are all the veritas log after job runs.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I must not be explaining my self clearly.

The job log you posted is from the flat file (C: drive or D: drive) portion of the backup.

if you are also selecting the Notes Databases in the job selection, there should be a separate job step that only backs up the Notes Databases. That should be working OK, and if so, you covered.

Rupak_Shrestha
Level 3
are you lookiing for the following

The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\HRApps.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\HRDISC.NSF in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\HRDOCLIB.NSF in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\HRMANUAL.NSF in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\MDR_FORM.NSF in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\Staffing.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\HR\Archive\CompArch.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\hrm\archivef.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\hrm\codlett.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\hrm\hrmhead.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\hrm\hrmstaff.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\iNotes\help65_iwa_en.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\clmlg.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\cnelson.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\dauditmlg.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\imlg.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\kshinguk.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\mniyaz.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\rafeef.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\rarsana.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\rshresth.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\mail\tmaldive.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\AnnMIS.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\bestprac.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\creqcsys.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\cscm.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\cSysAccR.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\EPaths.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\FSGuestRU.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\ITAddr.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\itminute.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\ITProjet.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\ITStands.nsf in use - skipped.
The item MLGNOTES1|C:\Notes\Data\Mis\KBase.nsf in use - skipped.