cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Job Failing

Andreas_Ruiz-Di
Not applicable
Hi, I have been having soooo many problems with Backup Exec 9.1 and I really hope someone here is kind enough to take the time to help with this. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. The backups are failing. I am running Backup Exec 9.1 on Windows Server 2003 sp1, it was patched to 4, then I tried to install patch 4a, this crashed the program and it would not restart. I did a repair with the 9.1 CD and it is working again. The issue below has been occuring all along so I don't think it is related. Here is my error msg.

Job Log

Job Completion Status

Job ended: Thursday, February 02, 2006 at 10:08:18 AM
Completed status: Canceled, timed out
Final error: 0x0 -
Final error category: Other Errors

Errors

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup - C: The media operation was terminated by the user.
Error reading file data.
Error reading file data.
A timeout occurred waiting for completion of media server data processing

Exceptions

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup - NELSONOFO: Initialization failure on: "NELSON\WFP_MSDE". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe29): Authentication failed on connection to the server.

OFO: Initialization failure on: "NELSON\PROFXENGAGEMENT". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe29): Authentication failed on connection to the server.

OFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

I also see this in the Job History

Error : a00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors.

Thanks,
Andreas
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Please let us know the following:
- Do you have a Installed and Licensed Copy of AOFO?
- How have you configured your AOFO Option?
- How have you configured AOFO in the Job Properties?
- Try seperating the Bacup job if you have many server in one job. OR if you are backing up DB like Exchange together with Shadow Copy Components.

-----------------------------------------------------
Go through the following Articles:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/256120.htm

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258159

Hope this helps you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.