cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINDOWSUPDATE.LOG

S_Sydney
Level 3
After a restoration of the Veritas media center attached to a Dell PowerVault 136T, I got the error message when trying to create an IDR image:

"Error opening "C:\Windows\Netlogon.chg" The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I fixed that error in accordance with Document ID 277265 from support.veritas.com. Now when I try to create an IDR image, I get the following error:

Error opening "C:\WINDOWS\WINDOWSUPDATE.LOG" The process cannot access the file becuase it is being used by another process.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What is the OS for which you are creating the IDR image?
Perform the steps suggested in http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277265.htm to the Windows update log. Rename the Windows update log and then test the results.

If the issue persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
You might want to try stopping the "Automatic Updates" service before creating the image.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us whether the above mentioned solutions have helped you resolve the issue

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.