cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Remote Agent BExec 9.1

Mateusz_Gladcza
Level 2
Hello i have big problem with BExec RAgent
I have several servers which everyone is backed up from one Backup Exec Server (9.1). On one server i have problem, that i can`t connect to remote agent on this server from Backup Exec server. I tried to reinstall remote agent and still nothing.
Does anybody have this same problem?
Thanks
M
4 REPLIES 4

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try using the user defined selections and enter the IP address and then verify the result.

Also please check whether you can ping the remote server and vice versa
Please make entries in the host file on backup exec server and remote server and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
To expand on Sharvari's response a little:

You need to be able to ping both ways by both IP address and NETBios name.

Michael_Correa
Level 3
I would also check to make sure the back-up exec is running under services on the new machine. I also make sure that this installation and service is installed under the service account NOT the user.admin account. Just my .02

M

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Mateusz,
Can we have an update on the status of the problem, and whether the suggestions given so far have helped.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.