cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a00084c4 - Unable to allocate memory.

Brian_Coverston
Level 4
When running a Duplicate from staging to tapes, it fails every time with a "a00084c4 - Unable to allocate memory" if other jobs are also running. If I later run the duplicate job when all other jobs are done, it works properly. The server is running Win2k SP4 fully patched, with 512MB of RAM + swap. 800GB of hard disk space. 132T LTO2 carousel .
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have a fixed size swapfile? If so, enlarge it.

If you are letting Windows manage the swap file, verify that the drive that it is located on has plenty of free space available

Brian_Coverston
Level 4
It is a set size to 766MB (the recommended). I will try and bump this to twice the size and see if that solves the problem. I just find it hard to believe that backup exec is using more than 1278MB of RAM, as it is the only thing running on this system.

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

1.This error could be related to the memory space if the duplicate job is targeted to the disk using the Backup to Disk folder.Hence, please check the available free space on the disk.

2. Please disable any Antivirus software if running.

For the correct diagnostics, please isolate the issue.

Perform backup using Backup to Disk folder. This step is for test purpose only. Please revert to us with the result.

If the problem still persists, one of the possible solution is to increase RAM .

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas