cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backing up folders in a seperate server

alandavid
Level 4
hi,

May I know how to backup folders in a seperate server. when I select to backup files in a remote location, it doesn't allow me to select the shared folders in that PC. I'll be thankful if someone helps me on this.

Thanks

Alan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
hi Alan,

It seems you have very less knowledge of veritas. Refer the book well first. If you have any confused things, you can comment here.
  You'll need to install backup exec remote agent in the remote server. then only you can select remore sources for backing up.Follow this link
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/253058.htm

And also note that, you must have local or domain admin rights of the remote server to install remote agent. Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shirmal
Level 5
hi Alan,

It seems you have very less knowledge of veritas. Refer the book well first. If you have any confused things, you can comment here.
  You'll need to install backup exec remote agent in the remote server. then only you can select remore sources for backing up.Follow this link
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/253058.htm

And also note that, you must have local or domain admin rights of the remote server to install remote agent. Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

alandavid
Level 4
hi shrimal,

Thank you

Alan

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Alan,

To expand on the above a little bit more than it was...

You can install the Remote Agent on that local server in 2 ways: Push install from the Backup Exec server via the selection list you create, or locally by browsing to the installation directory (ie. \\backupexecserver\installs).
Once you install that and Advanced Open File Option (if that server isn't an SQL/Exchange server), you are able to back it up.
You would open up your selection list like you did, and then click on that server. It will then show the drives that you want to back up.

Just be aware that if you want to back up Exchange, SQL, Lotus Notes etc, you would need to have those licenses installed in order to see them.
If you have any further queries about your original query, post them here.

Laters!