cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 10.0 remote selection

Not applicable
i was backing up a remote server, the server name was changed. i modafied the backup job by selecting the remote server under the new name, the problem is that the backup job is still trying to connect to the server using the old server name. the remote server under the new name is being backed up fine.

Any ideas how i would i can stop the job looking for this server that does not exist any more, is not available in the remote selection. I do not want to re creat the backup job
because i just got it to work correctly apart from this isssue now.
3 REPLIES 3

Steve_TYiybg
Level 4
GO into the job selection list and switch to text view. You can remove the old server name from there.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi,

You can delete the old server from the text selections of the backup job. Backup jobs get information replicated from the Active Directory, and should get modified as and when resources selected for backup are modified. However, if this fails to happen due to some reason, jobs can be modified manually from the text selections.
As a last resort, the job can be recreated.

We hope that helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.