Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backupexec 2010

zidanski
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

as i don't use AOFO in any backup job, still found in job log the following:

AOFO: Started for resource: "F:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
The snapshot provider used by VSS for volume F: - Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0 (Version 1.0.0.7).

why that, should i uninstall this option license from my Backup exec media server or what?

i don't wanna to do my labs with AOFO started automatically.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As I said, If you are backing Win 2008 or Win 7 machine then there is no option of turning off AOFO.... whart is mean is it is alsways going to be snapshot backup and will use VSS even if you select or not select the AOFO option in Backup Exec.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

In BE2010 there is no AOFO license, it integrated with the core license.

If you dont use AOFO BE will use VSS for Win 2003 and above.

Sush---
Level 6

If that F: drive that you are referring of Windows 2008 machine then it will always use the VSS for taking the snapshots even if you have selected the optioon to use AOFO or not.

Win 2008 and Win 7 backups are always snapshot backups.

Thanks,

-Sush...

zidanski
Level 3
Partner

but i want to see how backup done without AOPO, every time i tried to do a job without AOPO in settings, after then i found

AOFO: Started for resource: ".. :". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
The snapshot provider used by VSS for volume F: - Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0 (Version 1.0.0.7).

how can i try backup without it?

Sush---
Level 6

As I said, If you are backing Win 2008 or Win 7 machine then there is no option of turning off AOFO.... whart is mean is it is alsways going to be snapshot backup and will use VSS even if you select or not select the AOFO option in Backup Exec.

Thanks,

-Sush...

zidanski
Level 3
Partner

so, according to ur answer what happened if there are open files and edited in whan the job started without enable AOPO in this backup job's settings?