cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote.exe crashes through mscoree.dll

Trowster
Level 3
Every time I try to back up the system state, it almost completes, but then beremote crashes coming up with a Microsoft C++ window error, and the following logged in the event Log:-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date:  15/05/2007
Time:  11:09:38
User:  N/A
Computer: EX-SERVER
Description:
Faulting application beremote.exe, version 11.0.7170.0, faulting module mscoree.dll, version 2.0.50727.42, fault address 0x000000000002bd9e.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
The beremote.exe service then stops, then the job fails as a result.  Any ideas?!?!
11 REPLIES 11

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
For troubleshooting purposes, edit the backup job and go under 'Microsoft Active Directory' on the left pane.  Uncheck the box 'Enable the restore of individual objects from Active Driectory backups'.

Trowster
Level 3
Hi Steve,

Yeah I have tried that and still get the same problem.  Do you think it would be worth updating the Microsoft .net framework to Version 3 from windowsupdate?  Or any other ideas?!

Cheers

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
That does sound like a good idea.  Do you see any other errors in the event viewer around the time that the remote agent crashes?  Is this a DC?

Trowster
Level 3
Steve,

Yes it is a DC.  I had noticed on windowsupdate there was a new update for the .net framework to take it from Version 2 to Version 3, but wan't sure if there was a specified version for 11d.  Anything else you can think that may cause this?

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Did you check the event viewer at the time of the backup for any other errors/warnings?

Trowster
Level 3
Sorry Steve,

Yes I did - there are no other warnings except for the mentioned above, and one saying that the backup ended in an error state!

Cheers
Oliver

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Can you try to back it up to disk to see if it does the same thing?

Edit:  Also, do you know if Backup Exec is all patched up?

Message Edited by SteveVRTS on 05-15-200712:08 PM

Trowster
Level 3
Hi Steve,

yes backup to disc does do the same thing, and yes its all patched up!!  :)

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
I'm wondering if this might be your issue......

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288171.htm

Trowster
Level 3
Steve, yes could be, but it always crashes with mscoree.dll - could this be the same issue.  Do you think I should wait before upgrading the .net framework to version 3, or would you give it a go anyway?  How long do you think it will be before a fix is out for the problem in that technote?

Cheers

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
It's impossible for me to give any kind of ETA for a patch release.  You might as well go ahead and update .net framework.  It couldn't hurt.