cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote not loading from bestart

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
backing up novel boxes with win2k BE9.1 and I was getting slow backup times. now, i find out that the beremote on the novel boxes is not loaded. I have it set as

"load sys:\bkupexec\nlms\bkupexec.nlm -tr"

and it still doesn't load it. I can manually load it no problem.

I can't find anythign on veritas that explains this. everythign I read is that it should load from that switch.
3 REPLIES 3

Level 3
Hi!,

If BEREMOTE is not loading when you do BESTART on the novell box, please check on logger screen if you get any errors loading SPXS.NLM, Its mandatory that IPX should be enabled in INETCFG on Netware server but its not mandatory that IPX should be BINDed to a network card, we just need to enable it.....

Please follow the steps given in the Document below and see if it loads.....

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262199

After the steps are performed you should be able to load both BKUPEXEC.NLM & BEREMOTE.NLM on netware server just with BESTART command.

If this issue is resolved, make sure you select the NETWARE VOLUMES in Backup EXEC from REMOTE SELECTIONS | NOVELL SMS | NETWARE SERVER

Thanks & Regards

Tammali

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
thank you. I have read and heard that before so I guess I have to bring it to the admin's attention. and I load it manually it does not have any errors on the logger screen.

thank you

Level 3
Hi!

Please update me if after performing the steps, if that doesn't fix the issue, we need to look at other things...Probably loading Remote Agent in Debug mode to capture the background process....

Keep me updated

Thanks

Tammali