cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disk to disk

npharries
Not applicable
We purchased Backup Exec. 10 for our servers. I have 23 servers at different locations and would like to back up to one location to hard disk storage at my location. This data is not crucial, it can wait to be restored if failed for a couple of days. I just want to back up from each location to a data storage disk and was wondering what components I need on the servers to make this happen.
2 REPLIES 2

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi

In order to take backup\ restore of all the 23 Servers from one Media Server and to the local Hard Disk, we recommend you to refer to the Administrators Manual and other different Options pointed below :

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

*Backup-to-Disk Folder : page number 145

The Backup-to-Disk feature enables you to back up data to a folder on a hard disk, and provides a faster method of backing up and restoring files, which is useful when you have a short amount of time to back up or restore data. You can use it as part of a backup process where you back up data to disk first and then transfer the data to a tape when more time is available. Before using Backup-to-Disk, create a backup folder, which is a virtual device that Backup Exec treats as any real device. Backup folders can be part of device pools, but not cascaded
drive pools. When you create a new backup folder, Backup Exec automatically assigns a name and a path to it, but you can change both. You can create as many backup folders as you need.

*Backing up Data : page number 233

*Central Admin Server Option . page number 835

CASO enables you to maximize your investment in Backup Exec for Windows Servers by providing centralized administration and delegated job processing and load balancing functionality for Backup Exec for Windows Servers media servers in your storage environment.

* Managed Madia Server : page number 848

Please revert for any further queries.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.