cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed

Jon_Limmer
Level 2
I just uninstalled BE 10(d) which had been working very well for over a year and installed a fresh copy of 11(d) 6235 yesterday, applying a number of patches (20 is the last one).   I had a number of annoying glitches but finally got my jobs set up and let my first 11(d) backup (including verify) run last night.

The job 'failed' with the message 'e0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed' though the job log only shows some temporary open files skipped.  There is no indication what database is the problem.  I have a SQL Server 2005 server plus a smatteriing of MSDE and SQL Server Express databases on other servers.

First, how can I find out which databases (or even which servers) are the problem?  Secondly, what can I do to double check and/or the consistency problems?

Jon
4 REPLIES 4

btreiber
Level 2
I am having the same issue. I ran the DBCC check on all my databases in SQL 2005 and everything checks out fine. I also would like to find a solution to this problem if anyone can help.

Brian

Bruce_Carson
Level 3
I am having the same problem. The database that is having trouble is the BEDB database.
There is a link associated with this error. It is a bad link. Repairing the database does not solve the issue.

My jobs appear to be running all though BE 11d does not handle tapes from previous versions (version 10) of BE very well (go figure) so I have to drag them to the Retired Media container and delete them. Then inventory them and overwrite the tape to get version 11d to use them correctly. Apparently BE still can not determin how much data it needs to back up and compare that to the capacity of the tape.
I have a support contract and I can not get a technician to respond on this. After being on hold for over an hour on two different occasions and technicians not returning calls for over two days now. Has anyone walked throught this tunnel and come out with a solution?

btreiber
Level 2
Hey Bruce

How do you know it is the BEDB database? In mine it shows that it skipped a database and I believe it was a websense database. Not to sure though. I also am not to sure if this is the database in question.

Thanks
Brian

Bruce_Carson
Level 3
I found out by looking at the bottom of the job log. I also have scheduled a routine Database consistancy check to happen during off hours. I get an alert every day under my alerts tab. To confirm I used the BEUtil.exe tool to do a manual check and it fails every time.

HTH