cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy question - OK to remove media option

derek_Church_2
Level 4
Ok,

I have veritas 10 installed. The backup runs fine but it never stops until the user clicks ok to the alert saying to please remove media.

We dont want the users having to click this for the backup to finish. I am pretty sure there is a setting in there that will answer this question for me automatically.

Anyone know where it is.

Alert to Please remove media

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

But be aware that many people are having problems with this on v10.x

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
If the job has truly completed and the job is prompting for media removal, you can either set up automatic response per the TN Ken references or simply uncheck the eject media box in the job properties. When the job is configured this way, the command is sent to the tape device to eject the media when the backup/verify completes. If the device does not confirm the tape is out (because of fault or by design), then it is up to the operator to confirm the tape is out to complete the job.

derek_Church_2
Level 4
I followed the article for version 10
I set everything to yes and ok

I also set the response in the alert to yes after 2 minutes

However it still asks me to remove media

Should I be responding with a different answer, like cancel.

I dont think there is an issue with veritas ejecting the drive because if you set up a job just to eject it works fine

derek_Church_2
Level 4
no no has any answers, sighs

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can always remove "Eject on End" from the job desription and just eject manually

derek_Church_2
Level 4
ok I can accept that for now,

But tell me this, is this a bug in this particular version?
or am I missing something on my end?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Try repairing Backup Exec installation:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.