Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0xe000848c while restore a mail

homer123
Level 2

hi,

envoirenment: Server 2008 R2, Backup Exec 2010 SP1, Exchange 2007 SP3

backup of mailbox without problems. If i try to restore a single mail from a user i got the error:

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I`ve tried to solve the problem with this articel (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH51740 ) without success.

Any ideas?

regards

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi homer,

best bet would be to try duplicating to disk first before restoring.

Read the article below that I wrote, and see if it helps you...I use it due to running into issues with BE 11d...I still use it with BE 2010 R2. Makes life a lot easier.

Let me know if it helps or not...

Craig

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

homer123
Level 2

Hmm i have duplicated the backup job which was always a b2d job and now i restore a empty folder from a mailbox. It`s running at the moment but it takes a very long time.

1. duplicate the job about 3 hours

2. restore one empty folder at the moment the database is in "seperation" status and the whole database (100gb) seemed to be mountet and after this the folder will be restored i thing, right?

But that could not be if i want to restore one email and this takes over 5-8 hours.... strange....

homer123
Level 2

CraigV

Hi homer,

To restore 1 email BE will need to stage the entire IS to disk...unfortunately there is no getting around this, so this does add up and take some time.

Just make sure that your temporary location for staging has the same, if not more space, than the size of your Information Store...

CraigV

Hi homer,

Have you come right here?