cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange restore

carolin
Level 4
Hi I am using backupexec 11d and I am trying to restore some emails from a tape. What do i choose under the Exchange redirection tab so that these restored email goes directly to the users mailbox?

Thanks

Carolin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I am restoring from tapes. I followed your steps, but i keep getting this message -   0xe000848f ( insufficient space) On which server do I need to have enough space on the backupexec server or the exchange server?

Sounds like you are restoring from a GRT backup and not from a brick level, right?

If so, you must have enough space on a directly attached NTFS voloume on the media server to stage the entire mailbox store so that your selected accounts/items can be restored

See the Admin Guide page 1264

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

If you select Redirect restore, it will not go to the user mailbox (Original Mailbox / Location) You need to perform a regular Mailbox restore without selecting redirect restore...

carolin
Level 4
Hi how do i perform a regular mailbox restore?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

1  : Run an inventory and Catalog operation on the Media (TAPE/B2D folder)
2  : Right Click on the Media and click on Restore
3  : Drill down to Exchange IS and select the Mailbox which you want to restore
4  : Click on the Exchange option and uncheck "Automatically Create a mailbox....." and check all the other options
5  : Run the restore job...

If you are restoring from TAPES, the entire Information Store will be staged locally and then the mailbox will be restored...make sure that you have enough space on the drive...

Hope this helps....

carolin
Level 4

Hi

I am restoring from tapes. I followed your steps, but i keep getting this message -   0xe000848f ( insufficient space) On which server do I need to have enough space on the backupexec server or the exchange server?

What other methods can I use inorder to restore emails from tapes?

Really need help urgently.

Carolin

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Sounds like you are restoring from a GRT backup and not from a brick level, right?

If so, you must have enough space on a directly attached NTFS voloume on the media server to stage the entire mailbox store so that your selected accounts/items can be restored

See the Admin Guide page 1264

carolin
Level 4
Hi I do not have enough space on my media server to stage the store. Can i use another server on my network to stage the store?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

You can try mapping the drive and changing the staging area to the mapped drive in Job Peoperties-->Exchange option..

hope this helps....

carolin
Level 4
Thanks Ken. I got it. I eventually attached an external hardrive with enough space and then I did the restore. smiley

Dev_T
Level 6
@carolin,

I helped you resolve the issue, I just missed the staging area part and you gave solution to another post...One must give the due credit......