cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extend the trial version of Backup Exec for up to 30 days

rcjohnson28
Not applicable

I tried running the extender for backup exec 2010 and after running it it is still saying the trial period is expired. I followed the instructions stopped all services and ran the extender but it did not work. Please help!!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you contacted the customer support regarding this?

If not do that first and ask them to provide temporary license key if possible.

If you are a symantec partner, you can get NFR license keys from partner net, which will be valid for 12 months.

Regards..

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Kiran 

I am not aware of any Temporary license key provided by Symantec apart

from the the extender.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you have partner status with Symantec I believe this is possible...

Mjahtetn
Level 6

There is no temp license keys for BE. If the trialware expired, you may only request for an extender. If any chance that it will not work, you may need to contact Licensing at 18007456054.

Engineer_007
Level 3

Extender is a file when executed extends the Trial version period for another 30 days.

There's no temp license for Backup exec.

Please contact the license team and ask for the right Extender..

CaTNip
Level 2
Employee
Trial extenders are possible. However, you need to have proof of purchase in order to get one from the licensing department (1 800 721-3934 option 2. )

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

What Catnip means is that, Licensing Team can provide you a BUE extender if you will provide a proof of purchase or proof of intension in purchasing the license for BUE. You may also send an email to license@symantec.com with the POP and licensing team will check for the right extender for you.