cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to redirect the restored file to specific path?

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Please give some advise on how to redirect the restored file to specific path?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Uncheck the option to "Preserve Tree structure" so that the file that you are selected will be directly restored to the folder you have specified "G:\Russel"

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the job properties, click on the file re-direction section.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Thanks phk for your response.

I set already the restore path and also the restore drive but it did not redirect to folder. Also, should I select the preserve tree option under general setting? Thanks

I attached screenshot.. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not key in the drive.  Use the browse button to select the drive..  You would then end up with something like

Server1\\:c:

If you are restoring a folder, then the Preserve Tree option will give you the underlying directory structure.  Otherwise, all the files will be restored in the target folder without any directory structure.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Even if you dont select the preserve tree option, restore should work .Have you entereed the path manaully or selected the browse button and browse the path ? I would prefer using the browse button .

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

I used the browse button. I just run a test restore again today and it works already.

but I notice that it created subfolders. How can I skipped this redundant file names and just redirect the restore file on specific folder that I created?

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

hi pkh,

How can I skipped this redundant file names when restoring a files and just redirect it to folder that I created?

Thank you.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Uncheck the option to "Preserve Tree structure" so that the file that you are selected will be directly restored to the folder you have specified "G:\Russel"

Thanks,

-Sush...