cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jobs hang when ejecting tapes

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
I am having problems when a job completes BE will go into a hanging state until I either reboot the server or restart all the services. At first I thought it was the library but everytime the server is rebooted or restarted it will work as it is supposed to so it seems that BE is hanging. I also had a recent problem that would hang the software when trying to change tapes during the jobs....

Any thoughts or ideas why BE is hanging when trying to move tapes???

Info on server:
Backup Exec 10 Build 5520 SP1
Windows 2000 SP4
Quantum Superloader Library using quantum drivers
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

To isolate the cause of the issue try taking backup on backup to disk folder and then verify the result.

Also please check whether there are any errors in the event logs.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
backup to disk jobs work fine. So do most tape jobs for a few days... then BE will hang usually when a job is finished or when requesting a new tape. Quantum has verified that the library is working as should using the Windows Backup tools.... When I get this problem and simple re-start of the BE services causees everything to go back to normal...

there is nothing in the event logs.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Jeff,

Are you still facing the issue?
Would you please update us on the status of the issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.