cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying restore search criteria

John_Kaminsky
Level 2
How do I specify the criteria used to search a catalog. The default is for a complete file name - can I specify only the archived folder which contains that file? We are commercial printers and we archive job folders (always five numbers) that contain lots of files. We would like to mark the only the folder for retrieval and have all of the contents come with it. Thank you.

John Kaminsky
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmm

It's been a while since I did this, but I thought that you could select the folder in the Restore Selection tree and the contents of the folder would be restored.

You can also try this:

switch the display to Text Mode
Select Advanced
enter the path and "*.*" in the select boxes

if desired, also select "Include subdirectories"Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi John,

Like Mr Putnam has mentioned, you could use wildcards to include the file extensions that you want to restore.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

John_Kaminsky
Level 2
The real issue is how can I define the criteria by which to search the catalogue. I don't want to search for a specific file, I want to search for a folder which we have archived and to which we have assigned a five digit number. Currently, to perform a restore function one has to search the catalogue for a specific file. I want to search the catalogue using the five digit number of the folder. Is this possible?

thanks

John K

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

You can only search by file name.Searching by folder name.
You can log an enhancement for this:

Product Enhancement Web Site: http://enhancement.veritas.com/

http://support.veritas.com/docs/191703

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh