cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with my library

marci
Level 3
hi,

I had a library but I replaced it by another one with the same model. i deleted the drivers of the old library and then windows recognice it automaticaly. the problem is that  symantec recognice twice, the old  one and the new one. my question is if i cant delete the old one?? if i delete the old one, what i have to do with the tapes?i need that this tapes can be used in the new library without loss de information.

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

In device tab you can simply click on the Robotic library which is offline and delete it ...Restart the Services after doing that ... When you delete the Robotic library from the console it does not delete the media information or the data on the tapes ,it can still be use for restore  so you can use the same tape in the new robotic library or drive ...but make sure to  run inventory once you put the tape in  robotic library

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hey Marci

Try to remove the old device with the help of tapeinst.exe (location of .exe  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec)

In the wizard select the option to remove the device which was not found.

You will have to perform an inventory for the tapes, you will not lose any data.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

In device tab you can simply click on the Robotic library which is offline and delete it ...Restart the Services after doing that ... When you delete the Robotic library from the console it does not delete the media information or the data on the tapes ,it can still be use for restore  so you can use the same tape in the new robotic library or drive ...but make sure to  run inventory once you put the tape in  robotic library

marci
Level 3
thank you very much. now, i can do the backups correctly