cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"A failure occurred querying the Writer status" with Exchange 2007

flainn
Level 2
Hi,

My backups of my Exchange Server 2007 information store have been working well for months, but in the last few weeks I have been getting this error every time I try to back up my information store. Currently I cannot get it to make a successful backup:

"MAILBOX Info Stores Full -- The job failed with the following error: A failure occurred querying the Writer status."

I have tried troubleshooting this error by running the command VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS on the backup server. However, it always reports no errors and all writers as being stable.

I rebooted the server last Friday, hoping the issue would be fixed after a reboot, but the problem persists.

I am running Backup Exec 11d Version 11.0 Rev. 7170.
5 REPLIES 5

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Flain,

Is Backup Exec installed locally to the Exchange 07 server or does the exchange server just have a remote agent on it?

flainn
Level 2
Backup Exec is running on a separate server, and I have a remote agent installed on the Exchange server (this particular Exchange server runs only the Mailbox role).

flainn
Level 2
I need an answer on this issue more quickly than is happening in these forums.

I have a support contract with Symantec but have been unable to determine how to call tech support. Can you give me the number I need to call?

justanotherBEcu
Level 2
I had to use google.com to find this:

It's like the Symantec Webmaster doesn't want you to find the support number. ;)

flainn
Level 2
It does kind of seem that way!

Thanks for the link; I'll give 'em a call.