cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring public folders

Level 3
I need to restore an individual public folder on Exchange 2003. I'm using BE 9.1. I don't backup the mailboxes or the public folders individually so would do I go about restoring just one public folder?
8 REPLIES 8

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You need to restore the public folder store.Refer to the following technote:

How to restore Exchange 2000 Public Folder Store
http://support.veritas.com/docs/244897

Hope this helps.If you have further questions, do write at the forum.
NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Regards.

Level 3
So I'm not going to be able to restore just an individual folder I'll have to restore the entire public folder...correct? If so can I restore this to another server that I can install exchange on and then move the folder to the actual production server?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In Backup Exec v8.6, you cannot backup and restore an individual public folder.
You need to restore the public folder store to restore a specific public folder.

However in Backup Exec 9.0 and above, individual public folders can be backed up and restored. This enhancement has been included in Backup Exec 9.0 and above.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
deepali

Level 3
Since I don't backup the mailboxes or the public folders individually would this feature of restoring them individually help me even though I'm using BE 9.1? If not how do I go about restoring ONLY the public folders to another server and then move the folder that was deleted back on to the orginal exchange server?

Level 3
Any answer on this yet?????

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Click on Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange > System Manager

2. Expand Servers, expand Exchange Server, Expand First Storage Group

3. Right click on Public Folder Store to be restored, click on Dismount Store

4. Right click on Public Folder Store again and click on Properties

5. Click on the Database Tab, place a check mark in the box (This Database can be overwritten by a restore)

6. Launch VERITAS Backup Exec (tm), click on the restore button and place a check mark in the box next to Public Folder to be restored

7. Click on the Exchange Tab

8. Place a check mark in the box next to No Loss Restore (do not delete existing job logs)

Note: When the "No Loss Restore" option is selected, the existing transaction logs on the Exchange 2000 server are preserved. Transaction logs from the storage media are then restored and added to the existing set of transaction logs on the Exchange 2000 server. When the restore operation finishes, Exchange 2000 automatically updates its database with uncommitted transactions found in the existing and newly-restored transaction logs. This option is selected by default.

Caution: When restoring individual databases into a Storage Group, the No Loss Restore option should be selected. If this option is not selected, log files for the entire Storage Group will be deleted.

*Place a check mark in the box next to Commit After Restore Completes

9. Run the job

10. Remount the Public Folder Store after the restore job completes

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

strident
Not applicable
I am runn