cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setupaa.cmd

Martin_Haggett
Level 3
I have successfully installed on all of my W2K servers the BackupExec V10 remote agent using the setupaa.cmd in the RANT32 folder. I am doing it this way as my main backup server is on an AD domain, and most of the servers requiring backup in an NT domain, and the normal choice from the server tree list doesn't seem to like spanning domains, and has problems with permissions. The problem that I have is on just one server. When I run c:\rant32\setupaa.cmd it looks as though it installs immediately, but when I check servcies it has not installed. It seems strange, as the install normally takes a couple of minutes, but as soon as I run the command, 5 seconds later it has finished.

Any help appreciated, Martin.
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

On what server do you get this problem? What is the OS on this server? What is the account that you use to install the remote agent?
Look for errors in the bkupinst file, also see if there are any errors in the Windows event logs. Does the installation give any 'failed' error message?

Elaborate on the above so as to better analyse the problem.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Martin_Haggett
Level 3
Thanks.

The server is Windows 2000, which has a copy of the RANT32 folder on it, copied from the main BackupExec server. The account used to install the remote agent is the Administrator account for that domain, the same account used to do all the other installs, which are successful. There are no error messages in the Windows event logs linked with this.

Thanks for notifying me about the bkupinst log. I have looked at this and in the summary log at the end it states "Install for Remote Agent for Windows Servers completed successfully".