cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql cluster RA update

VMF
Level 4

i upgraded Be to 2010 r3. pushed out agents to all servers. now when i back up the sql cluster instances. i get this

The remote computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent. You must upgrade the remote agent to enable secure communication between the agent and Backup Exec media servers.

i did check the version of beremote on all nodes. and they are all version 13.

why am i still getting this?

12 REPLIES 12

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

have you tried backing up the Cluster resources as outlined in this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129186 ?

EDIT**

Also, do try the following:

- Restart the RAWS services.

- Create a new selection list for this job & if asked for a "Trust Relationship" accept it.

VMF
Level 4

i restarted all the nodes. selection list is also new. the whole BE install is brand new actually. only agents were upgraded.

do i need anything special to do on the cluster nodes  in terms of sql agent ? or i just push the i raws upgrade to every node and thats it?

VJware
Level 6

yep, install the RAWS agent on every node

VMF
Level 4

it is installed, all nodes rebooted, im still getting the warning i mentioned in the first post

VJware
Level 6

Check the selection list of this backup job..check if there any other resources being backed up apart from the SQL server...check under view by details tab as well

VMF
Level 4

nope, nothing, just SQL instances.

VJware
Level 6

Re-install the RAWS, if you havent already....Else, restart the RAWS services, create a new selection list & if asked for a "Trust Relationship" accept it...

VMF
Level 4

i dont see this trust relationship thing anywhere, i have nodes and sql instances listed separately in the list, where should i see it on? when i select items under the sql instance or under the node?

Colin_Weaver

on all nodes of the cluster does the version of beremote.exe report as 13.0.5204 or some other 4 digit numbers at the end?

Bascially 2010 , 2010 R2 and 2010 R3 are all 13.0.xxxx the difference being in the xxxx.

VMF
Level 4

yes, they all report 13

Colin_Weaver

Please type in the complete number of the file version for beremote.exe - 13 on it's own does not help

Need to know if it states 13.0.5204.xxx or something else

VMF
Level 4