cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec 11d for windows service wont start

phillbl
Level 2

Background
our main backup exec server died over the weekend and went into a reboot cycle that we were unable to stop.  In the end i have had to reinstall windows 2003 stand Sp2.  After the install obviously backup exec did not work.

I removed sql from the disk and within add/remove & reinstalled.  I have managed to get back to the point where backup exec is installed but the main service wont start.  In event viewr i get the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: (65535)
Event ID: 57802
Date:  10/11/2009
Time:  12:20:59 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: TCSUTIL01
Description:
The Backup Exec Server Service did not start.  An internal error (4313) occurred in object -1.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

I have look at the Kb article about registering a dll ut that dll is no longer used on version 11.  Another doc i found stated that i need to change a database property but this is sql express installed locally so i cant use management studio.

Any help much apprecitaed as this is making me pull my haiar out!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It appears that your registry is still pointing to old SQL instance. Please open a command prompt and change directory to x:\program files\symantec\backup exec and run command "beserver -console". Provide the output of this command. This would give you more details on the error message.

Thanks

phillbl
Level 2
removed backup exec and reinstalled it. that did the job.  selected option to leave all catalogs etc when removing.

After reinstalling everthing came up and seems to work