cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes

administrator4
Level 2
Hi,

I see on this forum that is a much asked question, but I didn't find my answer. So here goes.

I get error:
Backup- \\Computername removed\Shadow?Copy?Components \computername removed\Shadow?Copy?ComponentsAn unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes. No error number is included.

I get directed to Veritas document 276343. In that document it says that if am using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) (which I am) I should refer to the "Troubleshooting the Offhost Backup" section of the Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide.

Here is where my troubleshooting gets stuck, because I am not using Offhost Backup.

Anyone knows how to fix the error?

Thanks in advance.
michiel
4 REPLIES 4

administrator4
Level 2
anyone?

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the following documents.

The Backup Exec Advanced Open File Option cache file is not deleted when running Mcafee NetShield 4.5 on the system

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/257115.htm

The Backup Exec Advanced Open File Option cache file is not deleted when running Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition on the system.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/257796.htm

Thanks.

administrator4
Level 2
Hi Shraddha,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
We are using McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8 but I don't see the "Backup Exec AOFO Store" folder on the server that is being backed up. (I can see all hidden and system files) Should I still exclude it?

By the way the only 2 servers that get this error message are domain controllers; other server are fine.

many thanks in advance,

Ben_Rollman
Level 3
Hello, I'm getting this error two and yet the server reporting it is not running any virus scanning.  It was eTrust on it but the services are disabled and stopped.

Also, one of the instructions is to ensure the synchronization is enabled, but when checking for BEUtility on my server (the server running BE) I don't have a "Media Server" listed to check that option.  This is the only server out of about 25 showing this problem so I wouldn't expect I have a synch issue.