cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v-79-57344-65193

v_chabla
Level 2

Backup was not successfully processed for Granular Recovery Technology (GRT).  The Database Recovery failed with Error '*Null*'.  You will not be able to restore individual items for this backup selection.

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You don't give nearly enough information, but check the TNs below:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000024244

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000022954

Thanks!

v_chabla
Level 2

This is the error log I see for the last 2 days.  We are using Data Domain DD2500

Job ended: Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 8:24:15 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fea9 - The Backup Exec data store encountered a problem during the operation. See the job log for details.
Final error category:

Verify
V-79-57344-65193 - The backup selection '\\database.local\Microsoft Information Store\ was not succe...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

So have you checked the 2 TNs I posted?

Thanks!

Henrik_Fr_lund
Level 2
Partner Accredited

We have a customer with the exact same problem.

They are using a fully patched Windows SBS2011 running on VMware ESXi 6.0 and is using a Synology NAS as backup media.

Backup Exec is ver. 15 revision 1180 Feature Pack 13 - But we have seen the problem on earlier Fature Packs as well.

We receive following error (on most backup):

Verify
V-79-57344-65193 - The backup selection '\\server.domain.local\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox D...

Job ended: 12. februar 2016 at 04:39:09
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fea9 - The Backup Exec data store encountered a problem during the operation. See the job log for details.
Final error category: 

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65193

cvalleyfield
Level 2

I got the same here. Please update the thread if you have any solution.

Steve_Babcock
Level 3

Same here ...

I've had to disable GRT to get a successful backup

Running 2015 for Feature Pack 3

cvalleyfield
Level 2

I finally call the support and they ask me to uncheck the Use snapshot technology in the "Advanced Open file" section of the backup job. It is a success for the moment.

cbunting
Level 2

Has anyone found an answer to this? I am backing up a virtualized exchange 2007 server using the agent based backup and getting this error. Veritas cannot ger my virtual backup to work correctly, so I am using the agent based method until the geniuses overseas can come up with a solution to my problem. Going on a month now with the case open.