Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DLO database work on a remote clustered SQL instance

abhi1983
Level 3
Partner

HI , 

Can we host DLO database on a remote SQL clustered instance .

The below link says it was not available in version 7.0 . Please confirm if it works with 7.5

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH197437

Abhishek

7 REPLIES 7

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

I dont think this is not possible in DLO 7.5 too.. 

Have you submitted this in the Idea's section yet? I think this will be a good candidate for that section:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

abhi1983
Level 3
Partner

I m still not sure whether is works or not ... the first Symantec technical support said it works ... but it dint work ...and again when we got in touch with Symantec hey said that they are not sure and they need to check with engineering team or US DB team ... 

The admin guide doesnt state anywhere tht it does not support ... this was the least i had expected from SYMANTEC PRODUCT ... there should be proper documntaion and the first thing techncian should know is whether it supports or not ... dissappointed .... 

i think these things should be properly documented .

the problem is it is still not documented and dont know what to send to cliet to show him tht it is not supported .... rather stil not confirmed whether it works or not ......

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Ok, so after some more research, i figured i was wrong in thinking this may not work.

However, the fact is documented in the DLO 7.5 Administrator's Guide, Page No. 25-26 (see excerpts below)

DLOdb.JPG

Not sure about clustered sql though... indecision

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I've just checked the DLO 7.5 Admin Guide, and from pg. 204 it outlines how to install DLO 7.5 on a cluster.

Thanks!

ananthsunil
Level 3

Hi Craig,

DLO admin cluster works fine. But SQL cluster is not working. So please suggest whether SQL cluster will work in DLO 7.5

Thanks,

Ananth.S.K

ananthsunil
Level 3

But here just mentioned about the remote DB and existing DB installation. Dont find the SQL clustering rite?

Thanks,

Ananth.S.K

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...might not be possible. Best to log a call with Symantec and ask them this question, and get them to send you the steps!

Thanks!