cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR - Error while Prepare to Restore - V-126-43

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

Hello,

I want to make a dissimilar restore of a client running XP in VMware ESX host, to a physical machine using Netbackup 7.1 master server.

When i make "Prepare to restore", i get this error :

BMR-PNT-1.PNG

I want to know now, what i should do, to make it work. And if it is a problem of drivers, how can i inject them to the BMR CD?

I add, that the physical machine is a CISCO MCS 7800 series.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

NBU 7.1? Not supported for a long time...

Please take a look this TN. Maybe it can help you.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000088659

Regards,

Thiago

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I know that it's not supported and we do have intention to migrate to newer versions of NBU. But we still have those old machines and servers, and i have this problem.

It's almost three years i am performing regular dissimilar restores, but now, it's the first time i see this error, and i don't know where exactly to inject the drivers.

Because, what i know, when WinPE fails to load some drivers, i update the Shared Resource Tree, but now, it's the console that displays the error..

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I understand you...I said it because of NBU 7.1 is out of support...And now was the first time that you faced problem, and need of support, you dont have..I know its not depend of you. Look ,my knowledge about BMR is limited, but I will try to help you..Take a look this TN above, if I understood correctly there are some steps to make BMR restores on NBU versions 6.5x and 7.x

Please share with us the logs.

Regards,

Thiago