cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure backup policies of NBU 8.0 on solaris 11

PBY
Level 4

Hello,

I have installed NBU 8.0 master on Solaris 11, also configured hpe OST plugin on same host.

now I have to run backup and restore but don't know how to configure backup policies & how to do 

backup restore via CLI on solaris.

If anyone having any documents or steps please share with me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How much experience / knowledge do you have of NetBackup?

Apart from OST plugin, what other steps have you completed? i.e.

Add Storage Server
Config Disk Pool(s)
Config Storage Unit(s)
Add Policies (containing Attributes such as Policy Type, Storage Unit, etc, Schedules, Clients, Backup Selection).

If you have never done any of this before, then there is no way we can teach you in a single post. Especially not using command line.

Ask your Veritas reseller for assistance - they should have qualified staff to help (probably for a fee) to get started.
They can also help you to install the Java Console on your desktop for remote admin via a GUI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

The support site is usually the best place to get documentation.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000116412

You now need to perform the storage configuration so check out the open storage (OST) disk guide.

Also check the Admin Guides.

Marianne
Level 6

How much experience / knowledge do you have of NetBackup?

Apart from OST plugin, what other steps have you completed? i.e.

Add Storage Server
Config Disk Pool(s)
Config Storage Unit(s)
Add Policies (containing Attributes such as Policy Type, Storage Unit, etc, Schedules, Clients, Backup Selection).

If you have never done any of this before, then there is no way we can teach you in a single post. Especially not using command line.

Ask your Veritas reseller for assistance - they should have qualified staff to help (probably for a fee) to get started.
They can also help you to install the Java Console on your desktop for remote admin via a GUI.

Thank you Marianne.

This is first time I am working on NBU.