Install Netbackup Client gunzip not found

muhiqbalsaleh
Level 3

Hi,

Im trying to install netbackup client version 7.5 on CentOS release 5.8 

but when i tri to run command ./install 

shown error gunzip not found on the os

root@agsp [/home/installer_NBU/test/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2]# ./install
./install: line 252: /usr/openv/tmp/is_cmd_in_path.2254: No such file or directory

ERROR: gunzip is required to install this package and was
not found in ${PATH}. ${PATH} is currently set to:
/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/jdk/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerbero
s/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
:/root/bin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Muhiqbalsaleh,

This would appear to be an issue with the configuration of your CentOS 5.8 OS, and not a NetBackup issue.

I would guess that the packages for gzip and gunzip have not been installed - have you checked?  The command to install them should be:  yum -y install gzip gunzip

I'm sure you are already aware, but NetBackup 7.5 is past EOSL and is no longer supported.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Muhiqbalsaleh,

This would appear to be an issue with the configuration of your CentOS 5.8 OS, and not a NetBackup issue.

I would guess that the packages for gzip and gunzip have not been installed - have you checked?  The command to install them should be:  yum -y install gzip gunzip

I'm sure you are already aware, but NetBackup 7.5 is past EOSL and is no longer supported.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems you are trying to install from NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2. Even that version is EOSL.

I agree with everything that @Systems_Team said in above post.

gzip package is a basic OS pre-req and is clearly documented in NBU Installation Guide.