Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status remains in Queued state.

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

Hello ,

we have situation where backup of one client is always remain in Qed sate and eventually fail with 196. There are no active for tht client and th ebackup is running in single stream

I tried running in separate policy but no luck

10/25/2017 18:00:02 - Info nbjm (pid=2522) starting backup job (jobid=1010897) for client dmc-fs5, policy Wdmc-fs5-U-Non-CTX_HomeDir, schedule Diff-Daily
10/25/2017 18:00:02 - Info nbjm (pid=2522) requesting STANDARD_RESOURCE resources from RB for backup job (jobid=1010897, request id:{D9EBBD28-B9CF-11E7-85AB-8E50D10169AC})
10/25/2017 18:00:02 - requesting resource datadomain-htz
10/25/2017 18:00:02 - requesting resource backup1 NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.dmc-fs5
10/25/2017 18:00:02 - requesting resource backup1.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.Wdmc-fs5-U-Non-CTX_HomeDir
10/25/2017 18:00:07 - Info nbrb (pid=2479) Limit has been reached for the logical resource backup1.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.dmc-fs5
client backup was not attempted because backup window closed  (196)

7 REPLIES 7

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

also, no other limit at stu level or DP ha sbeen reached.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi RK1074,

It is the maximum number of jobs for the client resource limit you have hit, so a few things for you to check:

• Make sure there are no other jobs running for this client, there may be some other jobs in a hung state for this client.
  • Go to Host Properties->Master Servers->Your Master Server and then look at the Global Attributes.  What is the "Maximum jobs per client" set to?  If this has been changed, it will affect all clients but one of the first places to check for this resource limit.
  • Go to Host Properties->Master Servers->Your Master Server and then look at the "Client Attributes".  Is your client "dmc-fs5" listed here (they are not by default, they need to be manually added here)?  If so, what does the "Maximum data streams" say?  Normally this is not checked and has no value.

Those three areas listed above are the most common causes for what you are experiencing, and it's possible someone may have changed those values.  PS:  I'm sure you know your version of NetBackup is no longer supported - if I don't mention it, I'm sure Marianne will Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thanks Steve for those points but I already checked all those settings and nowhere its limiting the backup run. i chked on client for any hung bpbkar rocess but could not find any. As a workaround, i am using the full fqdn against the shot name and its running now.but still unable to figure out the issue .

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Hi This is seems to be issue wiht DNS

Kindly add below example entries in master media and client server

192.xxx.xxx.xxx   mymasterserver.mydomain.com

192.xxx.xxx.xxx   mymediaserver.mydomain.com

192.xxx.xxx.xxx   myclientserver.mydomain.com

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@rk1074

Care to tell us what is configured in Master's Global Properties and Client Attributes for max jobs?

Another possibility could be some stuck or orphaned resource assignment. 
You may want to check output of 'nbrbutil -dump' .

Please bear in mind that NBU image database stores backups for client1 and client1.fqdn as 2 separate clients.
When doing a search for restore, you need to remember which hostname was used for a particular backup.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

nbrbutil -dump is a good idea.

Very occassionally you can get 'ghost' allocations, stuck allocations but not visible in nbrbutil -dump.

It is easier, although a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach, to just run nbrbutil -resetall.Only do this with no jobs running, of jobs that you don't mind restarting, as it will casue all running jobs to fail.  It should ensure, for certain, that there are no allocations remaining.

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

@Mariannelimit at both level was set to 10  and even no backup job was active ..it still went to queued state.

i also ran the dump and grep that cleint but could not find allocation for it.  may be a recycle is needed