cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline and online tape cartridges

saza2024
Level 2

Hello all,

Just I need to list the offline and online tape media cartridges. How can I list which of my medias are available in the library and which of them went for offsite?

Thanks in advanced,

4 REPLIES 4

chmeyerweck
Level 3

Hi,

Since you didn't posted your NBU version you can use either the GUI and run a media report (under Reports=>Tape Reports) or you run the following command, the online tapes (which are currently in the library) have a "robot slot number" and all offline/offsite tapes have "-" character..

Linux/UNIX :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media

Windows

%install_path%\netbackup\bin\goodies\available_media.cmd

Hope this helps

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I would take a look at vmquery command
on UNIX systems, the directory path to this command is /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/
On Windows systems, the directory path to this command is install_path\Volmgr\bin\:

-rn robot_number

Queries the volumes by robot number. A robot number is a unique, logical identification number for the robot where the volume is located.

This will produce what is in your library/libraries. Next what you can do is to run vmquery -ba to see all tapes...

-b

Specifies the brief output format for volume information. This option can be used with any of the other 11 options.

-a

Shows all volumes.

Hi chmeyerweck

Sorry for my late response. Thank you for your help. My netbackup installed on suse linux and it's version is 10.1.1.

I ran your mentioned command. i sent the result as an attached file. please take a look at it. there are some cartridges with robot slot number like the cartridge in the first line( cartridge number 1251L8 (Robot Slot number:7)) but it is not in the library right now. it is off sited in the past.based on my attached screen, you mean there is 17 online cartridges in my library right now. It seems it is not right. would you please guide me more

and another question, what is the difference between active and available? 

thank you so much

hi

thank you for you guide. i ran the mentioned command. but it seems it shows all of my cartridges. some of them are not currently in the library and off sited in the past.

thanks