cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot error

bcsupport
Level 4

We are receiving an error when trying to duplicate images to tape.  Looking thru the tape logs, we are getting these errors:

error requesting media, TpErrno=Character device name for drive is not a character device

error requesting media, TpErrno=Robot/LTI protocol error

Our tape drives are showing that they are up, but "control" is showing TLD, I believe this usually says ACTIVE

I have checked that we have good media in our library.  This is from our netbackup applicance running 4.1.0.1, appliance model 5240.

I have power cycled the tape library, but unfortunately we cannot reboot the appliance at the moment as we are backing up a large client.  Any ideas on this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bcsupport
Level 4

We were able to get this resolved by using nbrb -resetAll command, as 1 of our tape drives went out on us and I had to replace it.  Apparently Netbackup had reservations on the drives that may have been uncleared.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

please provide outcome from these commands - ran on media server:

scan

tpautoconf -r 

tpautoconf -t

vmoprcmd

tpconfig -l

below from master

vmglob -listall

bcsupport
Level 4

We were able to get this resolved by using nbrb -resetAll command, as 1 of our tape drives went out on us and I had to replace it.  Apparently Netbackup had reservations on the drives that may have been uncleared.