cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services in NBU 8.0

NBU35
Level 6

Hi 

During install of NetBackup 8.0 on LINUX/UNIX master server, when and how do we define NetBackupwebservices/ webservices user/ webservices group.

What is use of these Webservices, which critical backup operations are supported by these web services.

5 REPLIES 5

Genericus
   VIP   

Mariane, et al can likely give clearer confirmation, but if you read the instructions, I believe you are supposed to define the user and groups BEFORE you start your upgrade, so the upgrade finds them already in place. It fails if it does not find them.

Newer NetBackup has "features" that allow Virtual NB environments, these "features" allow you to monitor these remote NB environments over web tools.

In other words, it creates a massive security hole to allow a feature most will not need or use.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Hi Genericus

Thanks for clarification, Can u please provide me any documentation to study about these services.

Also If i understood correctly then in case of UNIX these things must be defined before install/upgrade and in WINDOWS this can be done during installation. ?

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi, Maybe this artcile can help you. There are steps to configure this service for window and unix.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000081350

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Installation will fail without them ( ask me how I know Man Surprised ).  I'm disappointed the installation precheck does not confirm the username and group exist, like it checks ulimit and semaphore settings.