cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info about HTM installation logs

stucci
Level 6

Hi all,

In my experience happened that a client installation on server windows can fail by different reasons, when I try to indagate it in htm installation log often I can't use the htm interaction, I can't filter by Error or explde a particular line clicking on "+", I don't understand why, could to be a Java configuration issue ? have you some experience about this ??

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

stucci
Level 6

I forgot, I tried by different browser: Firefox, Chrome; IE

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you referring to the logs in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\NetBackup\InstallLogs ?

There are 2 files for the same installation. Example from my laptop:

2017/03/17 01:39 PM 591 208 NetBackup Install.20170317.113959.htm
2017/03/17 01:39 PM 462 497 NetBackup Install.20170317.113959.log

I can open both files on my laptop - the .htm using Chrome and the .log using Notepad.

Why not open the text file with .log extention?

Hello Marianne,

yes the log is that.

I am able to open both files, but in the HTM for example you should can filter by "Error" or "Warning" in the top of the page instead I am not able to select these filters, or again,I am not able to explode the lines clicking "+". Now I will upload an HTM example.

regards

For privacy I prefer dont' upload the whole htm, below a screenshot of filter selection that it doesn' work properly, Marianne I understand that I can use the .log, but I would understand because the .htm something works fine and is very comfortable and somthing doesn't work.

Cattura.JPG

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

And here you can see it working on my Windows 10 laptop using Chrome:

Installation.JPG

I do not think there is anything to expand using the '+'.

So, IMHO, you do not have a Veritas problem.

hello Marianne,

I don't say that is a Veritas issue, only I say that I can't use correctly the htm log file, and it is not the first time that happen, for me and also some colleagues. For this I tried to ask about some experience.

For the "+" explode that it doesn' t work you can find this pic, when the htm work fine I can explode and see the details, now I can't tks!

Cattura.JPG