cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to list policy update

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3

I made changes to a policy (changed the backup time) and issued "./nbpemreq -updatepolicies" from master/media server. did a " ./nbpemreq -predict -date 10/13/2016" to make sure it's not listed. ok. then did a " ./nbpemreq -predict -date 10/14/2016" because this is when i want the backup to start. guess what. it's listed there.

so i did a "./nbpemreq -updatepolicies" again. no luck.

why isn't the new schedule being acknowledged?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it still didn't show even at the very hour it is supposed to run BUT it did ran at the new schedule. so i tend to agree with you regarding your experience with 7.6.x series.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Venkatesh_K
Level 5

Did you add new schedule ? or did you modify existing schedule?? , can you share the output of those commands!!!????

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't know if things have changed in NBU 7.7 (I don't have much hands-on these days), but my experience with 'nbpemreq -updatepolicies' up to 7.6.x has not been good. 
I have personally never had success with the command directly after a policy/schedule change and had to wait out the built-in 10-minute NBU policy re-read. 

What happened in your case? Did you try again a bit later to list schedules?

Or perhaps a mis-config where NBU's interpretation of schedule is different to yours? 

it still didn't show even at the very hour it is supposed to run BUT it did ran at the new schedule. so i tend to agree with you regarding your experience with 7.6.x series.